I’ve always made up stories in my head. Sometimes I wrote them down on paper, sometimes I didn’t.
I’d best introduce myself. I’m 31, and live in Calgary, AB Canada. I read a great deal, write every day (almost), and I like spending time with my cats, my family and my friends. I probably spend way too much time online, but I can’t help myself.
If I’m not writing, you’ll probably find me with my nose in a book (or rapidly clicking through pages on my e-reader). I like most genres, but I have a fondness for the novels and journals of Simone de Beauvoir. I admire her determination, especially in an era when all women were really expected to do was get married and have children. I’m still working my way through THE SECOND SEX, but I’ve re-read ALL MEN ARE MORTAL and SHE CAME TO STAY several times each. Her account of her journey through the United States in AMERICA DAY BY DAY was fascinating as well. Eventually I’m going to learn French and be able to read her work in the original.
I am an editor with The Author’s Red Room, a full-service indie publishing shop.
I’ve written guest posts for the following blogs:
- Grit City Publications: “Immerse fully, then wring dry” (November 7, 2011)
- Grit City Publications: “Public Enemy #1: Gangsters as Inspiration” (January 15, 2012)
- Black Velvet Seductions: “Prohibition as Metaphor” (March 24, 2012)
- Guys Like Romance, Too!: “Let the Roaring 20’s Roar!” (May 3, 2012)
- Bandit Creek Books: On PROHIBITED PASSION (Jan 10 2012)